With its beautiful landscapes, serene sunsets over Sarasota Bay, and its proximity to downtown Sarasota, the Gardens is a favorite location for all types of events. We invite you to take a tour of the facilities through our slideshow, as well as a personal tour. The Private Events department will coordinate, manage and execute your special occasion.
The Christy Payne Mansion, on the National Register of Historic Places, is a showcase. The first floor is ideal for small receptions and dinners. There are two main rooms, each with a sun porch and an outside patio. The second floor hosts two rooms, ideally suited for small conference groups.
Selby Gardens Ground Space
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens ground space is available for private events before and after normal business hours. Weddings may be held anywhere on the grounds, from the broad expanse of the Schimmel Wedding Lawn and Pavillion to under the lush foliage of the banyan trees, to the tranquil and beautiful area beside Sarasota Bay.
Great Room by the Bay
The Great Room by the Bay showcases 60-feet of glass windows facing west for spectacular bay and sunset views. The Gardens can provide eight-foot rectangular tables, 60-inch round tables and chairs. It is also equipped with multimedia capabilities.
Catering services are available. We have an approved caterer list (see sidebar) from which to choose. Any caterer not on the list must be approved by the Gardens in advance, and there is no guarantee of authorization. They must contact our Private Events Manager by email, email@example.com, to make their request.
All alcoholic beverages must be provided by a fully licensed caterer. No outside alcohol may be brought in by private parties.
- Furniture – Chairs are included in the rental price for outdoor events. Tables and chairs are included in the rental price for indoor events.
- Bar Services – Due to liability insurance requirements, all bars providing alcohol must be handled through a licensed caterer.
- Parking – The Gardens can efficiently park approximately 220 vehicles in three paved lots and in the mulched areas east of the Administration. Our experience is that for most events, cars carry an average of two passengers.
- Admission – Free admission to the Gardens for all attendees on the day of your event.
- Discounts- There is a 10% discount for tax exempt, not-for-profit corporations, churches, schools and government agencies that can provide a tax-exempt certificate.
- Outdoor Facilities are available for private events when the Gardens are closed to the public, beginning at 5:00 p.m.
- The Great Room by the Bay is available from 8:00 a.m. to 11:00 p.m.
- The Mansion is open to the public during Garden hours and it is available after 5:00 p.m. The Mansion's second floor meeting rooms are available from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday.
Audio and Visual Capabilities
- Projection screens and one LCD projector are available in the Great Room by the Bay, Classroom and the meeting room upstairs in the Mansion. Please call for availability of screens for other rental areas.
- Podium and Lavaliere / Microphones – Great Room by the Bay
- Wi-Fi is available in the Great Room by the Bay, inside and outside of the Selby House, and outside of the Mansion.
If you are interested in taking wedding photography at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, please call (941) 366-5731, ext. 230 to schedule a time. If you are interested in using Selby Gardens in a commercial photo shoot, please read our photo policy.
- For information on floral centerpieces or décor for your special event or wedding, contact the Garden Shops.
- Non-profit organizations receive a 10% discount on rental rates.
- Please mention these special offer reductions prior to signing your contract to receive appropriate discounts.
|Bridal Showers||Customer Appreciation Events|
|Engagement Proposals||Product Launches|
|Birthday Parties||Sales Meetings|
|Anniversary Parties||Holiday Parties|
|Society Meetings||Fashion Shows|
|Private Teas||Civic Events|
|Private Dinner Parties||Anniversary Celebration|
|Planning Retreats||Company Picnics|
|Luncheons with Private Tours||Corporate Training|
|Bar Mitzvahs and Bat Mitzvahs|
|Memorial or Celebration of Life Ceremonies|
|Luncheons with Private Tours|
|Graduation Ceremonies & Celebrations|
When Contacting Us
- Filling out our online form is the best way to contact us and get the process started.
- Have More than One Date Available.
- We encourage you to take the photo tour, check out the brochures, and a tour can be setup.
Reservations will be processed when a signed contract and the appropriate reservation deposit are received and countersigned by a Gardens representative. For weddings and receptions the reservation deposit is 25% of the pre-taxed total. Verbal reservations will be held for ten days to allow a client to submit a credit card number or check. Due to the volume of requests, dates will not be held more than 10 days. Should the Gardens receive a request within 10 days for the same date, you will be given 48 hours to sign your contract and secure a deposit. The balance of the event fee is due (30) thirty days prior to the scheduled event.
The balance of the event fee and the security/damage deposit are due (30) thirty days prior to the scheduled event. If the balance due is not received, the Gardens may, without liability, and at the discretion of a representative of the Events Department, cancel the event.
|Facility Rentals Brochure||723.73 KB|