Taking Photos at Selby Gardens
Personal Photography Guidelines
During normal operating hours (10 am–5 pm), professional and amateur photographers are welcome to take photos and videos of the Gardens for personal use.
Portrait Photography Guidelines
During normal operating hours (10 am-5 pm), professional and amateur photographers must make arrangements to photograph the Gardens for portrait sessions.
- General Gardens’ admission is required for all members of the photo session
- Standard membership privileges apply
- No tripods allowed in the Conservatory
- Advance reservations required (at least three business days in advance)
- Non-refundable $100 deposit
- $250 flat fee, plus tax for up to two-hours
- Additional hours billed at $125 per hour
- Changing rooms are not available
For scheduling arrangements, please email our Events Dept.
Commercial Photography Guidelines
In order to take photos in the Gardens for commercial use, advance reservations and a fee are required.
- Reservations required at least three business days in advance
- Projects approved on a case-by-case basis
- Non-refundable $250 deposit
- Changing rooms are available
For details or to make a reservation, please email our Marketing Dept.
Commercial Photography Pricing
Still Photography Pricing*
- 4 hours – half day: $500
- 8 hours – full day: $1,000
- 4 hours – half day: $1,000
- 8 hours – full day: $2,000
Television and Major Motion Picture Pricing*
- 8 hours – full day: $10,000
* $125 per hour, per person before or after office hours
Fees directly support the mission of the Garden in developing and maintaining plant collections
for display, education, research, conservation and enjoyment.
- All media sessions must be approved through the Marketing department, including any content intended for print, radio, television or film.
- Press requests will be handled separately from all other photography.
To discuss your needs and make arrangements, please email our Marketing Dept.
Please note: Marie Selby Botanical Gardens reserves the right to turn away photographers who meet any of the above criteria if they have not booked in advance, and have Right of Refusal based on ethical guidelines/content.