Submissions are now closed for our VIRTUAL 42nd Annual Juried Photographic Exhibition, hosted in partnership with the Observer Media Group.
Stay tuned for more information. Winners will be announced August 25!
A – The Living Museum®
Show us your interpretation of ‘living art’ at our Downtown Sarasota and Historic Spanish Point campuses.
B – Bayfront Sanctuary
Photos should portray some aspect of the serene waterfront location that makes each of our two campuses special.
C – Plant Life at Selby Gardens
Plants are the stars of the show at Selby Gardens—and in this category too!
D – Birds, Bugs, and Critters, Oh My
Share your best avian, insect, or other wildlife photos from either of our two campuses.
E – Selby Gardens in Black and White
Show us the essence of the Gardens with your black-and-white masterpieces.
IMPORTANT DATES FOR PARTICIPANTS
SUBMISSION: Online submissions accepted Monday, August 8, through Monday, August 15, 2022
AWARDS ANNOUNCED ONLINE: Thursday, August 25, 2022
EXHIBITION: August 25 – September 25, 2022
ENTRY RULES, DETAILS, AND DIRECTIONS
- Photographs must follow the theme of one of the above categories; be original; be taken within the last two years and taken on the grounds of Selby Gardens (at either the Downtown Sarasota or Historic Spanish Point campus); be owned by the registrant; and not have previously been awarded a prize in Marie Selby Botanical Gardens’ annual photographic contest.
- Photos must be submitted digitally; there will be no in-person submissions accepted
- Entry is open to amateurs only
- Entry is open to Selby Gardens volunteers; however, photos taken in the capacity of volunteer service and owned by Selby Gardens may not be submitted
- No watermarks on images
- Entry fee must accompany submission:
- Selby Gardens’ Members: First entry $30, $10 for each additional (up to three entries total)
- Non-members: First entry $45, $15 for each additional (up to three entries total)
- Maximum of three entries per person allowed
- Photos with faces of people that are clearly visible will not be accepted
- Any photograph not accompanied by its proper entry form and fee will not be considered for the exhibition
- All entries subject to acceptance for exhibition. Juried awards are final and not negotiable. All accepted entries and winners will subsequently be posted to selby.org and yourobserver.com
- Cropping is permitted, but no special effects or techniques such as adding or removing objects, etc. allowed
- Please refer to entry details for more information
- Photos accepted from 10 a.m. on Monday, August 8, 2022, through 11:59 p.m. on Monday, August 15, 2022
HOW TO ENTER
- Register and pay entry fees
- Upon payment, submit your photos by category (up to three submissions per user)
- Edit or update your entries in your profile through 11:59 p.m. on August 15, 2022
- Photos will be reviewed to ensure accordance with entry rules and eligibility
- Winners will be selected by a jury and announced on August 25, 2022, on selby.org and yourobserver.com
- For help with the registration process, use the step by step registration guide HERE.