If you have always looked for that reason to visit Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, then Valentine’s Day is the perfect time to do it! This year, celebrate your special someone at Selby Gardens with dynamic horticultural displays and Sarasota Bay views, all within walking distance from downtown Sarasota. The Gardens offer the perfect opportunity to spend quality time together.
Some of our newest members Eric and Joy will be exploring the Gardens on Valentine’s Day.
“My wife Joy is an avid gardener and after living in Sarasota for almost three years we are making our first trip to Selby Gardens. I thought this would be the perfect surprise day. We are also excited to have a dual membership so we can come back again and again to view all that the Gardens have to offer,” explains Eric, Selby Gardens Member.
Here are some of their plans to make the day perfect!
Valentine’s “Date Day” at Selby Gardens:
- Take a tip from Eric (our new member) and start the day with a surprise for your partner, like a year-long membership to Selby Gardens! This gift is one-of-a-kind, thoughtful, and offers many benefits such as, year-round admission to Selby Gardens and reciprocity to hundreds of botanical gardens throughout North America; as well as early admission and discounts on purchases in The Garden Shop, class fees, and special events at the Gardens.
- After the surprise, join us at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens for our newest exhibit Gauguin: Voyage to Paradise. Experience lush tropical horticultural displays in the Gardens and the Conservatory.
- Take a tour of the Tropical Conservatory and the extensive plant collections housed there. During Gauguin: Voyage to Paradise, visitors will feel like they have been transported to a Polynesian Rainforest.
- Make a stop at the Selby House Cafe for tasty food and refreshments from Michael’s on East. From sandwiches and salads, to lattes and cookies, the Cafe is the perfect mid-day treat.
- Finish off the afternoon with a meander through the Gardens’ mangroves, palms, and butterfly display gardens, as well as the historic Payne Mansion, which is currently showing Gauguin’s rarely-seen lithographs, woodcuts, and engravings.
Don’t wait any longer, make your plans to be at Selby Garden’s on Cupid’s favorite holiday! Enjoy a relaxing day with your special someone while the Gardens (and love) are in full bloom.