Summer at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens offers a variety of special events, exhibits and programs to keep guests cool. The community events are open to the public and are suitable for a variety of ages. Featured events include:
- Family & Holiday:
- Splashing Saturdays (10 a.m. – Noon, Saturdays , June 11 – July 16): Cool off with water activities, slides and games in the shade of the iconic Selby Gardens banyan trees. Free to Members, $5 Guests; $19 Adults; $6 Children ages 4-11; children under 3 free.
- All American BBQ (6 – 10 p.m., Mon., July 4): Enjoy food, fireworks and family fun overlooking Sarasota Bay. VIP Tickets available and include full bar, valet parking and food for $150 per person. General admission tickets do not include food and beverage, which are available for purchase, $25 Members; $35 Non-Members, $10 Children ages 4-11; children under 3 free.
- Visual Arts: Admission to exhibits included in regular admission $19 Adults, $6 Children ages 4-11
- 36th Annual Photographic Exhibition (thru June 25): View Selby Gardens through the lenses of talented amateur and professional photographers in this juried competition. Most photo entries on display are available for purchase.
- Batiks Botanicos (June 16 – August 14): Columbian artists Angela Maria Isaza returns to Selby Gardens with her brilliantly colored Batik artwork that captures the colors of the Tropics. The Batik technique is a laborious process using cloth, dyes and paraffin wax to achieve one-of-a-kinds art pieces.
For a full calendar of all events hosted at Selby Gardens, and to purchase tickets to events in advance, visit www.selby.org, or call 941-366-5731.
About Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is the only botanical garden in the world dedicated to the display and study of orchids, bromeliads, gesneriads, epiphytes and tropical plants with a focus on botany, horticulture and environmental education. For more information, please visit www.selby.org. Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 900 S. Palm Ave., Sarasota, open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Christmas, regular admission $19 (ages 12 and up), ages 4-11 $6, Members and children 3 and under enter free. Contact us at (941) 366-5731 or selby.org. Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram and more by searching @selbygardens.