FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
SARASOTA, FLA. – September 29, 2016: International and local musicians – including the first-ever performance by a quartet of graduates from the Perlman Music Program/Suncoast – will perform on the great lawn at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens this October and November during the Gardens’ popular fall Garden Music Series.
Concerts are held from 1 -3 p.m., Sundays, Oct. 9 – Nov. 13 and are appropriate for all ages. Limited seating is provided. Guests are invited to bring seating and blankets.
Performances scheduled are:
- Oct. 9: La Lucha: a Tampa Bay based trio that delivers a youthful and diverse mixture of Jazz standards, Latin inspired rhythms and original compositions. You may even hear songs from Green Day and Britney Spears delivered in new and unusual ways. www.laluchamusic.com
- Oct. 16: Perlman Music Program/Suncoast: For the first time ever, four alumni of the Perlman Music Program’s Sarasota Winter Residency program will come together as a Quartet. Individually they have performed all over the world including Carnegie Hall, Berliner Philharmonie, New York Philharmonie and countless others. The performers will be Brian Hong, violin; Max Tan, violin; Jenni Seo, viola and Nico Olarte-Hayes, cello. Repertoire will include the entire work of Haydn String Quartet No. 57 in C Major, Op.74, No.1 and Dvorak String Quartet No. 12 in F Major, Op. 96, American; as well as selections from Mozart, Fibich and Mendelssohn. www.perlmanmusicprogramsuncoast.org/
- Oct. 23:soulRcoaster: From Etta to Gaga, classic rock to Mowtown, this popular southwest Florida band covers a diverse array of genres, even disco and a little country. www.soulrcoaster.com/
- Oct. 30: Gamble Creek Ban: As Florida’s premier country music cover band, Gamble Creek Band offers family-friendly fun that will have audiences singling along dancing and tapping toes. www.kimbetts.com
- Nov. 6: Big Night Out: A six-piece, tropical style dance band from Sarasota, Big Night Out is one of the area’s most popular dance bands. www.bignightout.com
- Nov. 13: Lauren Mitchell Band: One of Sarasota’s favorite blues singers returns to Selby Gardens for this end-of-series performance. www.laurenmitchellband.com
Admission is free to Selby Gardens Members; $20 Adults, $10 Children, 4-17. Food and refreshments available for purchase. No outside coolers, please. For additional details, visit www.selby.org or call 941-366-5731.
About Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is the only botanical garden in the world dedicated to the display and study of tropical epiphytic plant species, including many orchid, bromeliads and gesneriads, with a focus on botany, horticulture and environmental education. For more information, please visit www.selby.org. Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 900 S. Palm Ave., Sarasota, open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Christmas, regular admission $20 (ages 18 and up), ages 4-17 $10, Members and children 3 and under enter free. Contact us at (941) 366-5731 or selby.org. Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram and more by searching @selbygardens.