Last Modified Date: August 12, 2020
What Information Does Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. Collect?
The information that we collect on the Website or when you communicate with us over the telephone or by email depends upon your interactions with us.
- If you choose to register to receive our digital newsletter, we will collect your first name, last name, and email address.
- In the event you choose to become a member of Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc., our Website will prompt you to choose whether you desire to purchase a gift membership. We will also collect the title, first name, last name, and the number of children associated with the new membership account. To complete your purchase online, our third party service provider, who operates our member and donor database and online merchant services, will collect your title, first name, last name, email address, phone number, country, mailing address, city, state, and zip code.. Once your account is registered with our merchant services, you will be prompted for your payment card information, a billing address, and any other pertinent details necessary for purposes of completing the sales transaction.
- If you complete the General Contact form on our Website, we will collect your first and last name, email address, preferred contact method, preferred phone number, mailing address, city, state/province/region, zip or postal code, country, a category from our drop-down menu that best fits the substance of your inquiry, and the contents of any message to us (“Contact Information”).
- Should you complete the form for Membership inquiries, we will collect your Contact Information and a Member ID, to the extent it is applicable or you provide it.
- If you desire to contact us about Support & Donations using the form on our Website, we will collect your Contact Information and a Member ID (optional).
- In connection with inquiries regarding volunteer opportunities, the form on our Website collects your Contact Information, a selection about how you heard about opportunities to volunteer with us, your interest in volunteering, whether you have attended our volunteer orientation, your availability for volunteer work, any special skills or experience, whether you are interested in volunteering to fulfill a school or court requirement, your date of birth and the contents of any applicable message.
- The form on our Website for Garden Shop and Botany Research inquiries will prompt you for your Contact Information.
- If you desire to make a reservation for a Selby Gardens School Tour, we will collect your preferred date for the tour, an alternate tour date, the lead teacher’s name, email address, phone number, school name, school address, school phone number, the student grade levels, the number of students attending the tour, preferred visit type, desired focus of the tour, number of classes (if applicable), number of teachers or chaperones accompanying the students, whether the lead teacher desires to schedule an add-on presentation, whether the students will bring lunches and arrive by bus, and any other additional information relevant to the tour.
- The Press & Media form requests your Contact Information and the name of your media organization.
- If you contact us over the telephone, by email, or through mailed correspondence, we will collect your Contact Information and any other information you choose to provide us in connection with your communication and as may be required to respond to your request.
How Does Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. Use the Information it Collects?
We use the information we collect from you, as described above, in the following ways:
- When you register to receive our digital newsletter on our Website, we use your first name, last name, and email address to send you the digital newsletter.
- When you purchase a membership through our Website, we use the Contact Information that you provide us with to create your membership account and to afford you the benefits and privileges of a Marie Selby Botanical Gardens’ membership. The information collected from you in connection with your purchase of the membership is used to complete your sales transaction with our third party payment card processor as well as follow up with you regarding member opportunities and renewal information
- If you contact us utilizing any of the contact forms available on our Website, such as the General Contact, Membership, Support & Donations, Volunteer, Garden Shop, Botany Research, School Tour Request or Press & Media forms, we use your Contact Information and any other information that we collect to respond to your inquiry or provide you with the information that you have requested.
- Should you choose to contact us with any inquiry by telephone or email, we use your Contact Information and any other information that you provide to respond to your request or question.
Our Website utilizes internet cookies, which are small data files that our Website transfers to your computing device through your web browser. Internet cookies enable us to collect certain information from your computer, including your computing device type, internet browser name, your internet protocol address, a unique online identifier, the domain of your internet service provider, browser language, internet browsing history, the date and time of your arrival on the Website, and the duration of your browsing session on the Website.
Internet cookies are also utilized to help facilitate your transactions through our online store by keeping track of the items in your shopping cart, storing information you input that is pertinent to the financial transaction, and in connection with our efforts to combat fraudulent transactions and malicious attacks on or through our Website.
We also use the information we collect from internet cookies to detect and troubleshoot technical issues with our Website, to help us identify the content and features of our Website that are most popular among our users, to improve and optimize your browsing experience on our Website, and to offer you more improved functionality.
Your Choices Over the Information Collected Through Cookies
Depending upon the internet browser that you use to access the Website, you may have the option to toggle your browser settings to change the manner in which your computing device handles internet cookies. Some internet browsers include a function that will enable you to reject or block internet cookies from being deployed to your internet browser. Please consult your internet browser’s help file for additional information regarding what options are available to you regarding internet cookies. Should you choose to block or reject internet cookies, please be advised that certain functionality on the Website will be unavailable to you.
Does Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. Share the Information it Collects with Third Parties?
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens does not sell your information to third parties. We will disclose your information to third parties as provided below:
Third Party Service Providers
In connection with providing you the content, functionality and features that are available on our Website, we utilize a number of third party service providers. These service providers provide us with an array of services, including website design and hosting, cloud storage, email, software, marketing, payment card process, and analytics services. In connection with these services, we disclose your information to the extent necessary for these third party service providers to render their services to us. These third party service providers are restricted from using your personal information, such as your name, email address, telephone number, mailing address, and payment card information, for any purposes other than to render their services to us.
We reserve the right to disclose your information under circumstances where disclosure is necessary, as determined in our sole discretion, in order for us to comply with a legal obligation imposed on us, including, without limitation, in response to a subpoena, court order, or request from a judicial or governmental authority. We will also disclose your information where disclosure is required in order to protect our rights, property, or the safety of our organization, customers, and other third parties.
Reorganization or Sale
In the event that Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc., or substantially all of its assets are sold to a third party, or we reorganize, or merge into another organization, the information we have maintain on and about you, including your personal information, will be among one of the transferred assets in any such transaction with an acquiring or merging entity.
Our Policy Regarding the Privacy of Children
We do not knowingly solicit personal information from or market to children under the age of 13. If you are under the age of 18 or otherwise classified as a minor under the law of your jurisdiction, do not provide us with any personal information. If you are the parent or legal guardian of child under the age of 18 and you believe that your child has provided us with personal information, please contact us utilizing one of the contact methods detailed at the bottom of this document to have your child’s information removed from our system.
Third Party Hyperlinks
Our Website includes hyperlinks to other websites that are not owned, controlled, or operated by Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. Please be advised that Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. has no control over any content, information, business or privacy practices of any third party website. We encourage you to consult the privacy policies and any other related terms of service in connection with your use of any third party website. Under no circumstances will Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. be held responsible or liable for any content, information, business or privacy practices of any third party website.
We reserve the right to update and change this Policy, as we deem appropriate from time to time in our sole discretion. When we update this Policy, we will update the “Last Modified Date” listed above to assist you in determining when our Policy was last revised. Please note that it is your responsibility to check this page on a routine basis to keep yourself advised of any changes. In the event that we make a material change to this Policy with respect to the manner in which we collect or use information, we will provide notice of such change on the main page of our Website or request your consent to the change, if required by applicable law. If you do not agree with a particular change or term of our Policy, then you must cease your browsing session immediately.
Do Not Track Signals or Requests
We do not honor “Do Not Track” signals or requests from internet browsers because there is no current standard for such requests.
Options Regarding the Personal Information You Have Provided Marie Selby Botanical Gardens
In the event that you would like to review, correct, update, or delete any of your personal information, such as your first and last name, telephone number, email address, and mailing address, please contact us using the information provided below. In your communication, please clearly describe your request to enable us to locate your information or to contact you for additional information that may be necessary to locate your information to complete your request.
General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) Disclosures
Identity of the Controller
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc.
1534 Mound Street
Sarasota, Florida, USA 34236
Purposes of Processing
Recipients of your Personal Data
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc. is located within the State of Florida and in the United States of America. When you provide us with your personal data, this information is collected and stored within the United States. While we have no intent of transferring your personal data to any other country, if such transfer should be required, we will comply with all applicable data privacy laws and utilize an approved mechanism for transfer, such as the Standard Contractual Clauses, as approved by the EU Commission.
We retain your personal data until such time as you contact us to delete this information.
EU Data Rights
Data subjects located within the EU are afforded certain data rights under the GDPR, including the right to request access to and rectification of the personal data that we maintain about you. Data subjects have the right to request deletion of their personal data that we maintain about you. Data subjects are also afforded the right to object to certain processing activities and to data portability with respect to their personal data. To the extent that our processing of your personal data is based on your consent, data subjects also have the right to withdraw their consent. Finally, data subjects have the right to lodge a complaint against us with a supervisory authority. Data subjects may exercise their data rights by contacting us using one of the methods described below.
Statutory or Contractual Requirement for Personal Data
If you have any questions about the foregoing Policy, please contact us utilizing one of the contact methods provided below:
- By telephone at (941) 366-5731
- Via email at: firstname.lastname@example.org, or
- Via U.S. mail at: Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, Inc., 1534 Mount Street, Sarasota, Florida 34236