A Campus-to-Campus Boat-Tour Experience
In tribute to the coastal heritage of our region and our two campuses, we now offer a visitors a whole new, “old Florida” way to experience them—from the water!
Selby Gardens’ full-day cruise-and-tour excursion includes:
- roundtrip boat transportation along the Intracoastal Waterway between our two campuses
- educational, interpretive narration of the native nature and regional history you’ll see along the way
- full access to both the Historic Spanish Point and Downtown Sarasota campuses
- lunch from Michael’s Food Truck (operated by Michael’s On East) at our Historic Spanish Point campus
$125 per person / $115 for Selby Gardens members
Includes RT boat tour, admission to both campuses, lunch voucher ($20 value)
Need help navigating the Selby Gardens web portal?
View the how-to video for step-by-step instructions!
Selby Gardens by Boat itinerary:
- 9:45 a.m. – paid guests meet in Welcome Center, Downtown Sarasota campus
- 10 a.m. – boat departs for narrated, educational tour en route to HSP campus
- 11:15 a.m. (approx.) – boat arrives at Historic Spanish Point campus
- 11:30 – 1:30 p.m. – access to 30-acre Historic Spanish Point campus. Food truck (lunch) located behind White Cottage
- 1:30 p.m. – guests meet at Packing House to re-board boat
- 1:45 p.m. – boat departs for return trip
- 3:00 p.m. (approx.) – boat arrives at Downtown Sarasota campus
- 3:15 – 5:00 p.m. – access to 15-acre Downtown Sarasota campus until Gardens close
- This tour is for ages 6 and up.
- Tickets must be purchased in advance.
- Price includes $20 voucher for food truck. Guests are responsible for costs in excess of voucher value.
- Casual attire is recommended, with footwear suitable for walking.
- Please note that there are no restroom facilities aboard the boat. Please use the restroom before boarding.
- The boat is not wheelchair accessible. Guests must be able to walk up and down stairs to access the boat.
- Tours require a minimum number of reservations to sail. If a tour must be cancelled, paid guests will receive full refunds or be rescheduled (where possible).
- Tours will take place rain or shine. In the event of hazardous weather, the tour will be cancelled and paid guests will receive full refunds or be rescheduled (where possible).
- If weather prohibits a return trip from the Historic Spanish Point campus, ground transportation will be provided back to the Downtown Sarasota campus.