In-kind contributions are donations of tangible items. While the IRS does not allow Selby Gardens to value an item, we do provide a tax letter acknowledgment documenting the donation.
At this time, we occasionally accept gifts for our Research Library, including rare botanical books or prints, with an emphasis on epiphytes. The Library is a research and reference tool for plant enthusiasts, research scientists, and horticulturists.
Designing Women Boutique
While there are many items we are not able to accept as donations, we recommend connecting with Designing Women Boutique – Groundworks for other non-cash donations. They accept the following items:
- Women’s designer clothing from casual to formal Shoes, purses and belts
- Stoles, scarves and other accessories
- Jewelry – costume and fine, contemporary, vintage and antique. For fine jewelry, if you have an appraisal, regardless of how old, please bring it to your consignment appointment
- Furniture – primarily accent pieces, such as desks, chairs, dining sets, chests, small tables and cabinets, and some upholstered pieces depending on space available in the store. Inquire when you phone for an appointment
- Rugs – quality contemporary and antique, size depending on space available
- Art – paintings, drawings, works on paper, sculpture, etc. In display condition
- Art glass
- Decorative accessories such as lamps, pillows, mirrors, wall hangings, etc.
- Collectibles such as plates, ornaments, glass, majolica, etc.
- Home goods such as porcelain dishes, crystal, vases, silver flatware and serving pieces, etc.