Taking Photos at Selby Gardens
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens (MSBG) welcomes photographers to take photos and/or videos of the Gardens for personal use during normal business hours. For all other uses, please note the following:
The only wedding-related (bride, groom, family, wedding party, etc.) photography permitted at MSBG is that which is in taken in conjunction with a wedding contracted through MSBG and held on MSBG property.
Special Occasion Photography
Special Occasion Photography is considered any staged/group photo shot and may include, but is not limited to: family reunions, holidays, engagements, anniversaries, quinceañera, graduations, prom, pregnancy, blogs, birthdays, etc.
The number of Special Occasion Photography sessions (amateur or professional) permitted at MSBG during normal operating hours (10 a.m. – 5 p.m.) is limited to a maximum of five per day. Advance reservations (require a $100 deposit) are recommended, but not required. Special Occasion Photography guests without an advance reservation may not be able to have a photography session if the maximum number of sessions has already been reached that day.
Special Occasion Photography guidelines:
- General admission is required for all members of the photo session
- Standard membership privileges apply
- Special Occasion Photography is NOT permitted in the Conservatory without an advance reservation and tripods are never permitted in the Conservatory
- All Special Occasion Photography sessions must be completed within a two-hour timeframe and guest must leave MSBG grounds or …
- Special Occasion Photography fees
– $100 (parties up to five – including the photographer and any assistants)
– $200 (parties of six to 10 – including the photographer and any assistants)
- Parties exceeding 10 guests must follow Commercial Photography guidelines below
Advance reservations are required for all commercial photography sessions and arrangements must be made through MSBG’s Marketing Department at least three business days in advance.
- Projects approved on a case-by-case basis
- Non-refundable $250 deposit
- Changing rooms are not available
Commercial Photography Pricing:
- 4 hours – half day: $500
- 8 hours – full day: $1,000
- 4 hours – half day: $1,000
- 8 hours – full day: $2,000
Television and Major Motion Pictures *
- 8 hours – full day: $10,000
* $125 per hour, per person before or after office hours
All photography fees collected directly support the mission of MSBG in developing and maintaining plant collections for display, education, research, conservation and enjoyment.
Please note the following rules regarding wedding, special occasion and commercial photography, as well as videography and drone footage, at Selby Gardens.
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens reserves the right to approve final content for anything in which Selby Gardens, in name or visual form, will appear.
- The photography session must not block visitor flow and enjoyment of the Gardens.
- All individuals and photographers must stay on general Gardens pathways and out of plants, flowers, and trees; and should refrain from placing equipment on plants, planting material or the like.
- Rearrangement of plants or planted materials is prohibited.
- Sitting, walking, standing or use of a structure for any use other than its intended purpose is prohibited.
- Changing of clothing or photography of bathing suits or lingerie is not permitted. Nudity, in any form, is strictly prohibited.
- If an individual or photographer fails to comply with the outlined rules and policies, Selby Gardens reserves the right to deny permission for photography, may stop a photography session at anytime during the photo shoot, and ask the individuals to the leave the premises without reimbursement of any pre-paid fees.
All media sessions must be approved through the Marketing Department, including any content intended for print, radio, television, or film. Press requests will be handled separately from all other photography.
To discuss your needs and make arrangements, please message our Marketing Department.
Please note: Marie Selby Botanical Gardens reserves the right to turn away photographers who meet any of the above criteria, and have Right of Refusal based on ethical guidelines/content.