Feel like a member of Selby Gardens for a day! One of the best parts of being a tropical, urban oasis is that Selby Gardens is within easy walking distance of some of the best shopping, dining and recreation the area has to offer. Admission to the Gardens is good for the entire day (10:00am-5:00pm), so stop in early to see how beautiful our living collection looks displayed in early morning light, head into town or to the bayfront to catch some mid-day action and then come back to see how the late afternoon light changes our landscape entirely! The only thing better than a day that starts and ends with SelbyGardens? Consider joining so EVERY day can start and end with a visit to our delightful garden!
- Restrooms are available in three locations throughout the Gardens.
- Insect repellant, sunscreen and sunglasses are great ideas to stay safe and comfortable. Some supplies are available at the Garden Shop.
- Bring a stroller if you have a young child, as there is plenty of ground to cover.
- Complimentary wheelchairs are available in the Welcome Center on a first-come, first-serve basis but cannot be reserved.
- Benches are located throughout the gardens.
- Please silence phones and electronic devices so that everyone may enjoy the tranquility of the gardens.
- Michael’s On East offers fine coffee and tea, as well as sandwiches, soups, and desserts.
- Seating is available on a first-come, first-served basis on the terrace.
- Cameras are welcome. You are surrounded in tropical and waterfront beauty. For safety reasons tripods and stands are not permitted in the Tropical Conservatory, but are permitted on the grounds. Please note: Professional photographers and media/press using the grounds must acquire permission from the marketing department ahead of time and should review our photography policy.
- Painting, sketching or other creative activities are encouraged.
- Feel free to bring your laptop or PDA. There is Wi-Fi in several locations.
Parking & Transportation
Limited free, on-site parking can be accessed from Palm Avenue or from Orange Avenue. During peak season, popular exhibits and special events, these lots are often at capacity so it’s best to be prepared for other options. These include free city parking lots, including the Burns Square Parking Lot on Orange Avenue across from Dolphin Street. Three city garages, including the State Street Parking Garage at 1538 State Street between Lemon and Orange Avenues, are generally free, but may charge a fee for entry during special events. Find more information and a map of city parking facilities here.
Selby Gardens welcomes bike riders and bike racks are available near the Welcome Center.
Places to Stay
The Sarasota area offers many accommodations for day-trip and longer-term stays. A list of opportunities is available through Visit Sarasota.
We are pleased to partner with The Westin Sarasota, which is just a short walk along Sarasota Bay from Selby Gardens.