Volunteer - Make A Difference!
Volunteers play a vital role in Selby Gardens’ mission of research, conservation, and horticultural display. Outnumbering staff by more than 15 to 1, Volunteers add the equivalent of more than 20 full-time workers to the Selby workforce each year. They continually tell us that they get back much more than they give: new friends, new interests, and opportunities to learn and grow in some of Sarasota’s most beautiful surroundings.
Selby Gardens Volunteers enjoy a variety of special privileges, including:
- Training and special educational opportunities
- Invitations to Selby Gardens Volunteer events including the Annual Volunteer Recognition, the Bloomin’ Tea, brown bag lectures, an annual potluck luncheon, and more
After 25 hours of volunteering:
- Free admission to the Gardens with your volunteer badge (excluding special events)
- A 25% discount on Selby Gardens membership
- A 10% discount in The Garden Shop
- Discounts on selected Selby Gardens Community Classes
After 100 hours of volunteering (annually)
- The President’s Volunteer Service Award, a national recognition for volunteer service
After 200 hours (annually)
- Free Gardens Family Membership
How to Get Started
Filling out an application is the first step to joining the Selby Volunteer family. Please download, complete and mail the form to us. Next, attend one of our volunteer orientations. To learn more about the positions above or to find out about other possibilities, please contact us at 941-366-5731 x 227 or email us.
|Volunteer Brochure and Application 2012||199.49 KB|