International and local musicians will perform on the great lawn at Marie Selby Botanical Gardens this April and May during the Gardens’ popular Springtime Concert Series. The concerts are held from 1 -3 p.m., Sundays, April 3 – May 8 and are appropriate for all ages. Performances are scheduled by:
- April 3: The Miami Jazz Project: an all-star ensemble of Miami-based musicians performing a mix of mainstream jazz, blues and original compositions, this group’s latest project reached number 7 in the UK for Best Jazz Albums of 2015. Performers include Arthur Barron, Abel Pabon, Manny Patino and Rey Monroig.
- April 10: Seth Walker: A North Carolina native with stints in Austin, Nashville and New Orleans, Walker creates bluesy, storytelling songs with a gritty guitar sound.
- April 17: O Som Do Jazz: Based in St. Petersburg, Florida, this group features Rio de Janeiro singer Andrea Moraes Manson and a crew of experienced musicians performing Brazilian jazz.
- April 24: M&M Latin Jazz Ensemble: This ensemble was created by world-renowned drummer Marty Morell and his wife, Japan-born Michiko Ohta Morell. Guest Artists will join the ensemble.
- May 1: Chuchito Valdes: The hot sounds of Cuba’s roots and modern jazz come alive in the explosive hands of pianist and two-time Latin Grammy nominee Chuchito Valdes.
- May 8: Lauren Mitchell Band: One of Sarasota’s favorite blues singers returns to Selby Gardens for this end-of-series performance.
Admission is free to Selby Gardens Members and $10 for Member Guests; $19 Adults, $6 Children, 4-11. Food and refreshments available. No outside coolers, please.
For a full calendar of all events hosted at Selby Gardens, and to purchase tickets to events in advance, visit www.s33944.p20.sites.pressdns.com, or call 941-366-5731.
Marie Selby Botanical Gardens is the only botanical garden in the world dedicated to the display and study of orchids, bromeliads, gesneriads, epiphytes and tropical plants with a focus on botany, horticulture and environmental education. Marie Selby Botanical Gardens, 900 S. Palm Ave., Sarasota, open 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. daily except Christmas, regular admission $19 (ages 12 and up), ages 4-11 $6, Members and children 3 and under enter free. Contact us at (941) 366-5731 or s33944.p20.sites.pressdns.com. Get social with us on Facebook, Instagram and more by searching @selbygardens.